At Great Jobs UK, your privacy is our priority.
We collect information about you to make your job search as easy and safe as possible. This data is important; we understand that. This is why we’re committed to protecting your privacy online.
What information are you collecting?
We collect your name, contact details and other relevant information directly from your CV. We may also obtain data about you from third parties to enhance and personalise your experience, and make sure we’re finding the jobs most suited to you.
How will you use my personal data?
We use the information we collect to provide you the best possible service. This includes notifying you of future job opportunities, improving our websites and answering your questions. We may also use your information to contact you about industry updates, events, promotions and competitions.
Who will you share my personal data with?
We may share your information with other trusted third parties, to help us deliver our services to you. Under certain circumstances, we may occasionally be required by a regulatory body or law enforcement agency to disclose certain personal information.
How long will you keep my personal data for?
We will store your data only for as long as necessary. What’s more, we conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises to make sure the information we have is relevant and accurate.
What are my rights?
You’re in control of your data. Should you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out from the communications you receive, or contact us on email, telephone or even by post and we will make that change for you.
How do I change my subscription preferences?
You can review and amend which communications you receive and how you receive them via your email communications at any time.
How do I contact you?
Get in touch with us here if you have any questions at all about how we process, store and share your personal information.
Great Jobs UK Limited (Company Number 12131398) (“GJUK”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including our website, through written correspondence (including e-mail), conversations or meetings with our consultants, or through any of our offices or websites globally), is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect
We will collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your Curriculum Vitae (“CV”). On occasion this will also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. When we receive your details and CV electronically, this may be through a direct application on one of our websites or an application that you have made through a third party job.
We will likely obtain further personal information about you during the course of our relationship with you. This information may be obtained from you directly or from third parties, such as organisations to whom we have provided your CV and who have engaged with you as part of a job application.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes including:
- To provide our services to you.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures.
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs.
- To retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us.
- To answer your enquiries.
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Before we do so, you will be given an option to opt-out of such communications and an option to unsubscribe will also be provided with each communication.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To provide further services to you by sharing your personal information with other companies within trusted third parties. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below.
- To release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so.
- Our website uses a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
- In order to provide you with personalised content on our website, with more relevant communication in our emails, and with a tailored service from our consultants, we track and record your usage and interaction with our website and emails. We employ a third party service provider to help us record, store and analyse this information to determine how we might best deliver your engagement. We ensure that no personally identifiable attributes are recorded in this database and, other than our chosen service provider, we do not share this information with any other business or affiliate.
- We may process, in accordance with local regulations, certain sensitive personal data (known as special category data in GDPR) where you include it in information you send to us e.g. if you include information about your health, religion or ethnic origin in the CV you send to us. We may also be required to conduct a criminal records check against your details. We have processes in place to limit our use and disclosure of such sensitive data other than where permitted by law.