1. Don’t Lie
Obvious lies on your CV can land you in a lot of trouble when it comes to employers checking your background and conducting references. Reference checks can occur after you have started a job and the last thing you want to do is lose it straight away. You also may get caught out at the interview stage when you suddenly can’t answer questions on what you claim to know.
Most candidates send the same blanket CV to all jobs they are applying for. Stop! Make your CV Original to all the different jobs you are applying for. Research the company and use the job specification to make certain skills stand out that are needed for the role.
3. Personal Statement
This is your opportunity to talk about how you stand out from the other candidates applying for the same role and how you are the best for the job. It is your chance to talk about certain experience and strengths you have.
4. Check, Check and Check Again
Most employers check a CV for mistakes, even if it is a simple spell check. Unfortunately, this can make you look bad if there are clear and obvious mistakes. There is usually a high volume of applicants for jobs, especially in this current climate so employers can use this as an opportunity to dismiss you.
5. Don’t Leave Gaps
Gaps in a CV can make employers suspicious. Much of the time there is a valid reason, so put a positive spin on this. Whether you were taking a course, completing volunteer work, or even going travelling! Make reference to it!
If you are looking to fill a vacancy at your business, it definitely makes sense to use the assistance of a recruitment firm. A lot of business owners think that this is an unnecessary expense. However, this is certainly not the case. There are many benefits that are associated with a recruitment company, and below we will take a look at five reasons why you should use the services of this sort of organisation.
• Access the best talent – There is only one place to begin, and this is with finding the best talent for the job. When people are actively searching for jobs, they will sign-up with recruitment agencies. The recruitment company will then vet these people, understanding their skills and where they will be best placed. They will have a great pool of potential candidates and they will be able to filter them effectively to ensure you end up with the best talent for you.
• Salary benchmarking – The second reason why you should consider working with a recruitment agency is because of salary benchmarking. If you have a role and you are not certain regarding what the right salary should be for the position, the recruitment company you work with is going to be perfectly placed so that you have an accurate market rate. They will be able to do this through the use of local market knowledge and salary data.
• Sector expertise – Another reason why you should consider going for a recruitment consultancy service is because they have a lot of expertise in the industry. They are experts when it comes to profiling, filtering, and screening candidates. Your in-house team may not have the same level of experience and expertise. Because of this, you are going to find that you will benefit from cost efficiencies and time efficiencies in the long run.
• Added services – A lot of recruitment companies offer a broad selection of specialist recruitment services. A good example of this is psychometric tests. This will help to give you a deeper understanding into the people you hire in the future. This heightens the chances of a successful hire considerably.
• Save time – The final reason why you should definitely consider using the services of a recruitment firm is because you will be able to save time. Managing the entire recruitment process yourself can be very time consuming. With a recruitment company, they will be able to handle everything for you, resulting in heightened efficiency at your business.
As you can see, there are many benefits that are associated with using a recruitment company. This is the best way to make sure that you are going to end up with the right person that is going to deliver value and drive your company forward. However, this is only going to be the case if you choose a recruitment company with care and you ensure they fulfil all of the characteristics that have been touched upon above.